Welsh Anaesthetic Audit Research and Engagement Network - a research network setup in Wales for anaesthetic trainee doctors.
The core aims of the group are:
- To support Welsh anaesthetists' potential projects by nurturing and developing them to achieve their potential
- To improve patient safety by organised audit, research and public engagement
- To increase trainee opportunities and accessibility to high quality audit, research and public engagement
WAAREN was established in August 2013 and has moved forward and achieved a considerable amount since that time within Wales and the wider UK. We have completed seven major projects across ten Welsh hospitals since 2014.
Our most recent project during summer 2018 was DALES (Drug Allergy Labelling in Elective Surgical Patients), which was the 3rd national collaborative project through RAFT (the Research and Audit National Federation of Trainees). It was designed to evaluate the prevalence of patient-reported and documented allergy to drugs relevant to anaesthesia and to learn more about anaesthetists' knowledge and attitudes to allergy. Data analysis is ongoing and results are eagerly awaited...
How to get involved
- Help out in an upcoming project and be recognised as a contributor.
- Submit your own idea for the summer project and if selected have the chance to run the project UK wide!!
- Volunteer to be your hospital WAAREN representative.
Visit our website WAAREN and follow us on twitter to keep updated. @WAARENgroup